We’re looking for Senior Backend Magento Developers to join our growing team in the UK
These are the key skills we require of our Senior Developers
● Magento 2 Expertise: Deep knowledge of Magento 2 architecture, module development.
● PHP Proficiency: Expert PHP skills and understanding of frameworks used by Magento.
● Database Management: MySQL including schema design and complex queries.
● API Development: Able to create modules that consume REST and SOAP APIs.
● Performance Optimisation: Ability to diagnose and fix backend performance issues.
● Security Practices: Knowledge of web security practices and secure coding to prevent common vulnerabilities.
● Version Control: Experience with Git for version control
● Testing: Experience in writing and maintaining unit and integration tests.
● Problem-Solving: Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Communication: Excellent teamwork and communication.
Any of these would be beneficial to your application
● Hyvä Theme Development: Knowledge of Hyvä Themes development is a big plus.
● Hyvä related Stack: knowledge of AlpineJS / TailwindCSS would be beneficial
● Magento Certification: One or more relevant Magento 2 Certifications
● Elasticsearch: Experience with Elasticsearch or similar search technologies.
● Cloud Platforms: Knowledge of deploying and managing applications on cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or Adobe Commerce Cloud.
● Message Queue Systems: Experience with message queue systems (RabbitMQ, Kafka,
● Containerization / Virtualization: Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or similar
● Agile Methodologies: Experience working in Agile/Scrum environments.
● Symfony: Experience with Symfony framework is beneficial
What You’ll Be Doing
The following should give you an idea of how you’ll be expected to typically be spending your time. It’s not set in stone and it may change from week-to-week, but it gives an idea of what is expected from the role.
Software Delivery (90%)
You’ll be spending the majority of your time working on delivering projects for our customers with your team. You’ll be building/maintaining Magento themes and working with the design and CX team to bring our customers requirements to life!
You’ll work with the Engineering Manager to progress our platform specific goals and build out tools and products to make sure we’re constantly improving on how we work.
Depending on your experience, a portion of this time is expected to be spent assisting other team members in delivering their work effectively.
Personal Development (10%)
Keeping up with new software releases, development practices, horror stories and post mortems are an essential part of any Software Developer’s time! Use this time to push forward your objectives and research tools and techniques you need to stay productive.
What a Typical day might look like
You start your day in a team Stand Up discussing progress you made yesterday, listening to your team members describe their current issues and dropping some knowledge bombs on how you “solved this last time”. You’re working from home, so you pay the pet tax and encourage your four-legged-friend to wave to the camera before logging off.
First up you’ve got a pair-programming session with a Junior Developer in your team to help them through a design implementation that they’ve been working on. They’ve been steadily improving under your experienced wing and are turning into a really productive team member.
After lunch you’ll set your Slack status and turn on Do Not Disturb for a couple of hours while you debug a weird issue with a customer’s site. There’s been a change to the estimated delivery day logic recently to support new shipping options, and it's caused some display issues in certain browsers. You update the styles to cover this unexpected scenario and tell the Project Manager the good news! You push your feature branch to Bitbucket and watch Bitbucket Pipelines build your code, running automated tests to prove your new code passes the tests.
You open a pull request, studying your diff carefully before assigning it to a teammate for a sanity check.
Tomorrow (assuming all is well!) you’ll merge your pull request into a release branch and let Pipelines deploy it to Staging where, once you’ve confirmed it’s working as expected, it will be regression tested by the QA Team. It should be out to Production by the end of the week, providing we can get through the testing and get client sign off by 2pm on Thursday.
If you read this and it sounds like your ideal job — we want you on the team!